Catalyst Connect Checking FAQs
Members earn higher dividends with the Catalyst Connect Checking Account:
- Earn 0.20% APY1 monthly on balances up to $10,000 when account requirements are met
- Earn up to 0.35% APY1 monthly on checking balances up to $10,000 when you qualify for Catalyst Member Rewards
Yes, we can easily convert your existing checking account into a new Catalyst Connect Checking. You’ll keep the same 13-digit account number and can continue using your existing debit card and checks.
- Maintain an average daily balance of $1,000 or more in the account
- Perform 18 or more debit card purchases per month using the debit card linked to your Catalyst Connect Checking account
- Receive a direct deposit of $500 or more per month in the account
- Enroll in eStatements
Opening an account is quick and easy. You can apply online, visit any branch or give us a call.
The dividends for that month will be forfeited if the account criteria are not met.
The higher APY is only awarded on the first $10,000. Dividends are earned on balances up to but not exceeding $10,000 when account requirements are met.
At the end of the first full calendar month after the account is opened and the requirements are met.
Daily balances are evaluated at the end of the close of business each day and then averaged for the month.
1APY = Annual Percentage Yield. APY is accurate as of January 15, 2023. Dividends paid after completing all requirements for a full calendar month.
2Failure to meet these requirements in any given month results in forfeiture of the APY for that month.
3$200 offer not valid to existing checking accounts converting to a Catalyst Connect Checking account. New checking account must remain open and in good standing for 6 months. $200 deposit will be made into checking account the month following the 3rd consecutive direct deposit. USF FCU membership required. Must be 18 years of age or older.
4Early access to direct deposit funds depends on the timing of the submission of the payment file from the payer. We generally make these funds available on the day the payment file is received, which may be up to 2 days earlier than the scheduled payment date.