Frequently Asked Questions
Quickly and easily find answers to the most common questions we get asked.
If you are paying with funds from your credit union savings or checking account, simply make a transfer to your loan account within digital banking.
If you want to pay your loan from an external account at another financial institution, there are several options available:
- Link your external account in digital banking to allow transfers between your bank/credit union share accounts. After you have verified your external account by confirming the amount of the two trial deposits sent to your external account (this takes 2-3 business days to deposit), you will be ready to transfer money. Please note: External account transfers to a Visa take 3-4 business days to process.
- Use the bill pay or funds transfer service offered by your other financial institution to send your payment.
- Make a payment through the External Loan Payments widget in digital banking (a fee does apply).
- Make a payment in-person at any of our branches or a shared branch location.
- If you would like to set up recurring monthly payments from an external bank account, we can do this for you.
Rewards are awarded on transactions occurring and balances maintained during the calendar month in which the Reward is earned. Depending on the Reward type, the Reward may be awarded at the time of transaction (such as free money orders and official checks), overnight following the date of the transaction (as with overdraft transfer fee reimbursement) or within five business days of the month following thereafter (as in the case of quarterly refund of loan interest paid). Fee reimbursements, rebates and the quarterly refund of loan interest paid are posted to your account and are reflected on your account statement.
To schedule a bill payment in online banking, select the Pay Bills widget. From the Bill Pay Dashboard tab, click on the proper payee and follow the prompts under the Make a Payment tab.
To schedule a bill payment in mobile banking, select the Pay Bills widget. Click the Make a Single Payment option and follow the prompts.
Please note: Our bill pay cutoff time is 2 PM EST. If your payment is scheduled after 2 PM EST, it will go out the following business day. Also, if the payment is scheduled on a Friday, the payment will not be sent out until the following business day.
You can see the reason why the transfer failed by clicking on the transfer under the Transfer Money – History tab. Please note: A failed transfer will not attempt to process again. If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us at 877.906.9328.
There are a few options:
- If you have a checking account, you may use our free Pay Bills feature. You can add a person payee.
- Use a third-party funds transfer service like Cash App, Venmo, or Zelle.
- Send a domestic or international wire transfer. Please see the Fee Schedule for the current fees.
When we refer to “widgets,” these are the different menu options within digital banking to access functions and features (ex. Accounts, Transfer Money, Manage Cards, Manage Budgets, and More). You may select the “More” widget from the left-hand panel to view all of the available widgets in digital banking.
You can also change the layout of your widgets, by following these steps:
- Log into online banking and select the down arrow next to your profile image and name.
- From the dropdown, click the Settings option and select the Widgets tab.
- Within the Widgets tab, you can select the star icon next to the five widgets that you would like to display under the Dashboard widget.
- You also have the option to re-order your widgets by selecting the “Reorder Favorites” button.
- Once you click Save and refresh your view, the layout of your widgets will update.
You may easily update your address, phone number(s), and email address through digital banking. Once you have logged in, select the Settings option, and then click the Contact tab. If you have any difficulty, you may also call us at 877.906.9328 or stop in one of our branches and we can update your contact information.
You may send us a secure message through online banking or mobile banking.
- In online banking, select the down arrow next to your profile image and name. From the dropdown, select the Messages option. You can also click the “More” widget and choose the Messages widget from the list.
- In mobile banking, select the Messages widget and click the Compose tab.
When transactions post to your accounts, they can be categorized to give you a better idea of how much money you are spending in certain areas. For example, if you would like to know how much you are spending on transportation, you can categorize transactions using the Auto & Transport category. Under this category, there are more specific selections to choose from; such as, Gas & Fuel, Parking, Services & Parts, and Tires.
Locate the transaction that you would like to categorize and select the “Add a category” button underneath it. From the list of categories, you can choose the one that is most appropriate from the drop-down menu. You can also split the transaction in to multiple categories if more than one applies.